Thursday, August 10, 2023

between us


your silence hovers, builds a wall

raindrops fall

that i could not see the blue sea

you lost me

in maze of doors, words so careless 

(or) i lost you, us- sky's starless 


my half-moon eyes betray reckless

fears & anxious longing for you 

my shadows overwhelm me (sighs)

raindrops fall, you lost me, (or) i lost you, us -sky's  starless



Posted for dVerse Poets Pub - MTB:  Spanish Rain in the Ovillejo - hosted by Laura Bloomsbury.   Join us for this challenging poetry form.   

14 comments:

  1. I like how you played around with the last lines. Mournful and gently potent poem, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the rain, the grayness of longing. Loved the reference of half moon eyes and shadows - Truedessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Luv the progression from silence to rain.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace - you nailed it beautifully...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, you are truly a master poet. I love this piece.

    Much love,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This poem has a dream-like feel, a stream of consciousness, wandering in a maze. (Jane)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially enjoyed how you began, with raindrops obscuring the sea ~~~ lovely poetry, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are last lines in each stanza to be read together or are they two alternate endings? That’s the sense I get from your words, that perhaps we can focus on the loss, or perhaps there are other, better things to focus on.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful 💖 (Chu On This)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You molded this form to your poetic sensibility, the persona's unconquerable fear and longing. Nicely done, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Win Ex lover back in 48 hours............


    Robin sonbu ckler11[[gmail....com]]


    United States…

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!