Thursday, April 18, 2024

dear traveller

 

Do not wait for me

I have found my map

Though my pockets are lined with sadness

I carry your gift, a wild flower yellow pin


I have found my map

And travelled to another country

Carrying your gift, a wild flower yellow pin

Reminding me to smell the flowers along the way


While travelling to another country

Your letters keep me company, soft as light

Reminding me to smell the flowers along the way  

Will our paths cross again?   Maybe, I'm hopeful


Your letters keep me company, soft as light

Though my pockets are lined with sadness

Will our paths  cross again?   Maybe, you said.  

Please, do not wait for me.




Posted for dVerse Poets Pub - Pantoum, hosted by Merril D.  Smith.  Join us when the pub doors open at 3pm EST.

11 comments:

  1. I love the way you talked about the travelling, separation... I love the small added plaese in the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both wrote about pockets in our poems, Grace! I love the direct address to a dear traveller, the pockets ‘lined with sadness’ and the lovely touch of colour in the ‘wild flower yellow pin’.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A poignant mixture of yearning and hope borne of loss, Grace, even as the map creates expectation. Love the imagery of letters "soft as light" -- casting their light on this journey to a "new country.".

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you don't say is as important as what you do say. I feel the affection the writer has for the recipient. Exquisite writing, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your metaphors are amazing

    Much♡love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the lines came together for the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so poignant, Grace. The letters that keep the narrator company, and the pockets of sadness. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the letters....the pocket of sadness....the travel....the pin....a beautiful poem that is emotional...I am taken within the emotions of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After the first quatrain I knew I'd fallen in love with your pantoum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The please in the last line does it for me. This has a wonderful rhythm that underscores the journey, content and form working together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully poignant, Grace. Full of emotions. Never easy to call another place home.

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!