Thursday, June 23, 2011

If God Should Go On Strike


It's just a good thing God above
Has never gone on strike
Because He wasn't treated fair
Or found things He didn't like

If He ever once sat down and said
"That's it, I'm through,
I've had enough of those on earth
So this is what I'll do

I'll give my orders to the sun
Cut off your heat supply
And to the moon give no more light
And let the sea run dry

Then just to make it tough
And put the pressure on
I'll turn off the air and oxygen, till
Till every breath is gone"

Men say they want a better deal
And so on strike they go
But what a deal we've given God
To whom everything we owe

We don't care who we hurt or harm
To gain the things we like
But what a mess we'd all be in
If God should go on strike.

~anonymous~

Author's Note:   Canada Post is still on strike.   No, it is not good but we are coping with it.   The longer it gets, you actually can find that you manage without it's services.

Poetry credit:  


http://theworksofhope.blogspot.com/2011/06/if-god-should-go-on-strike.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!