Thursday, January 25, 2024

yesterday's blossoms

 


Under almond tree, I remembered you

murmuring blues, your face a poem


I traced with walnut ink & red feather

Wrinkled leather were your cheeks, soft rain


Softer still were your fingertips, milk-warm

that stirred a storm, clanging all my shores


Unmooring my usual road, I read fear

Instead of dear, purring adventure


I gathered all my luck, lures, tunes & rides

And ran- from the moon-tides, me & you



Posted for dVerse Poets Pub - Toddaid, hosted by Merril Smith.  Join us at 3pm EST to find out more about this poetry form.  





13 comments:

  1. A wonderful love song, with every phrasing a sensual "storm" and rhythm of "moon-tides." Simply beautiful use of the form, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a romantic, beautifully-scented toddaid, Grace! I love the phrase ‘your face a poem’ and the lines:
    ‘Softer still were your fingertips, milk-warm
    that stirred a storm, clanging all my shores’.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful poem, Grace! I love the imagery and the enjambment "your face a poem
    I traced with walnut ink & red feather"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly love how you made this as a love poem with your own unique voice... your face a poem especially

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this love poem - it is a masterly rendition of the Toddaid
    " fingertips, milk-warm

    that stirred a storm"

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many wonderful lines. Beautifully done. I adore the idea of running from moon tides with someone special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the tension in this love. It is often the case, though we usually fail to note it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In your lovely and sensuous toddaid ... this is my favorite line: "that stirred a storm, clanging all my shores."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. To match you blog! Last couplet especially sang to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww! So beautiful, Grace. You mastered the form.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I especially like these lines:
    “Under almond tree, I remembered you
    murmuring blues, your face a poem”

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!