Tuesday, August 6, 2024

i dream of dreams (i cannot remember)


my dreams float

in the glass jar,

brimed in peach-

apple cider 


i open the shelf

to admire its color- now amber-

gold & honey


in summer

but in autumn, the 

liquid is deep cobalt-green

the sky takes on a sheen of melancholy

i cannot shake off


i think of another place and time

where the clouds are blue-grey

and the half-moon is glorious star-


i open the jar & inhale the half-

part of me, that swims between sun-

set and dusk

never quite framing the face half-

turning, walking between door-

ways


of meanings 

and blank walls, i am

still air-scribbling, i am 

dreaming




Posted for dVerse Poets Pub- Poetics:  Dreaming up a Poem with guest host, Truedessa.   Please join us when the pub doors open at 3pm EST.  Thanks for your visits and comments.

18 comments:

  1. This is exquisitely drawn, Grace! I especially love; "but in autumn, the liquid is deep cobalt-green/the sky takes on a sheen of melancholy/i cannot shake off." ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful dream poem, Grace, in which you have captured the bizarreness of dreams that is woven into the familiar elements. I like how you incorporated yesterday’s quadrille word too. And a lovely use of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this poem! The words flow as if wandering in a dream state. Air-scribbling perfect description.

    i am
    still air-scribbling, i am
    dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really has the flavour of dreaming, Grace...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poetry is the language closest to dreams, and the airy starry liquid element here is the essence of it. More may never be necessary ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dreams are like that. Various thresholds between worlds, here green, there golden. This is a superb poem

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one floats like a dream, and I particularly love the penultimate stanza, that face we never quite see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, Grace. It makes that weird sense that only dreams can achieve. Particularly like your use of half words at the end of lines to perpetuate that disconnected feel of a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gloriously light and dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Grace. πŸ™‚✌🏼🫢🏼

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the dreams floating in the glass jar, and all of the colours in this poem! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the flow of your images in this one, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love 'air scribbling' Grace. Great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brimmed in peach-apple cider. and - melancholy - evocative for me. Dreamy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still love to daydream but I don't have much time for it anymore. Too busy chasing my dreams now. But I do believe we should still keep dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I especially like these lines: “& inhale the half-
    part of me, that swims between sun-
    set and dusk”

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!