Tuesday, February 13, 2024

The Garden

Welcome to The Garden!

You may walk barefoot here if you wish.

Inhale the fresh air.

Sit on the benches under the shades of trees

Eat the fruits that you find

  Your hands will be holding the sun's warmth

  And the dewness of rainclouds 

Our trees here are grand as 

Cathedrals reaching for the sky

But watch out for poison ivy and stinging neetles

  The giant hogweed can cause burns

Traveller, there is no judgement 

  Of where you came from 

  Of what is the color of your skin 

We would love to hear your stories

  if you are so inclined to chatter 

  Over teapot of orange blossom

If you choose solitude and soil

  Abandonment with vines is the upward course

If you seek knowledge from the trees

  Meditation with the bees is the eastern path

And if you wish to walk further

Nearby a river runs in ziz zag pathway

   Refusing to run straight


 

Posted for dVerse Poets Pub - Poetics, Its Written in Stone, hosted by Dora.

Thanks for your comments and visits.

17 comments:

  1. What a lovely welcome to the garden, Mish! I would love to walk barefoot through it. I also love the idea of my hands ‘holding the sun's warmth / And the dewness of rainclouds’.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved every line. Where do I start, Grace? With this, I think:
    "Traveller, there is no judgement
    Of where you came from
    Of what is the color of your skin"
    I think this is the moment I started to sink into the welcome of the words of this welcoming garden with its promises, and with its river "refusing to run staright." Invitation accepted, if only in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at barefoot... that would be a garden of my taste. A place both for solitude and a place to meet, and that river with its own will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is much to offer us here...from the knowledge of trees to "meditation with the bees". I love the imagery but also the genuine welcome to all without judgement. Imagine the stories there would be. I would love to "chatter over a teapot of orange blossom".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an inviting tone! Who wouldn't feel welcome?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kind of garden. There is nothing better than to walk barefoot in a garden ( as long as there is no bindi's LOL). To sit under trees and seek their knowledge. A place for all to breathe. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a place I would like very much to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an inticing welcome. Bravo.
    Thanks for dropping by to read mine.

    Much♡love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barefoot in the garden— oh yes. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this so much, Grace, especially the invitation to walk barefoot and that closing line about the river refusing to run straight! Absolutely, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your poem Grace. It feels like it could have been a garden in Lord of the Rings. Your ending is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this garden, Grace!

    " Your hands will be holding the sun's warmth

    And the dewness of rainclouds "

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful, open and inclusive invitation, a wonderful place to enter into.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your poem took me outside, sitting in the grass on a gloriously sunny day.🌞

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!