Thursday, April 27, 2023

the season of blossoms and catkins

 

above the weeping willow tree, the blue sky

shimmers with shrills from black ravens, heralding 

the season of tiny crowns & catkins & blossoms


emerging with dazzling sunset of pinks and reds

my window frames a day of popping colors-

above the weeping willow tree, the blue sky 


trills along with robins in building their nests

while magnolia trees perfume the air with vengence -

it's the season of tiny crowns & catkins & blossoms


sun-painted as dandelions or star-dusted as sakura

i swoon as if i have never seen flowers in my life

under the weeping willow tree.   the blue sky


transforms my words into daisy-chain verses

turning all my empty boxes into seedling pods 

it's the season of tiny crowns & catkins & blossoms


the morning light evokes a joyful sigh 

as trees regain their leaves & tulips begin to bud -  

above the weeping willow trees, the sky blues -

it's season of tiny crowns & catkins & blossoms



Posted for dVerse Poets Pub - OpenLinkNight.  Join us with your 1 poem when the pub doors open at 3pm EST.  

Our city is bursting with cherry blossoms trees, magnolia trees and catkins from the weeping willow trees.  Outside my "office", the birds are building their nests (under the balcony), and the ravens have returned.  I love the spring season.


12 comments:

  1. It sounds so magnificent when it all explodes, I can hear it all the way here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the progression from ’the season of blossoms and catkins’ in the title to the ‘catkins & blossoms’ in the poem, via the weeping willow and magnolia tree. The alliterative ‘shimmers with shrills’ is so effective, as is the use of colour in this spring poem of daisy-chain verses’, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bursting overspilling joy, Grace. We see these flowers with all the surprise of the first ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'season of tiny crowns & catkins & blossoms'

    This delights me - are the tiny crowns red, perchance? On the hazel trees, the female catkins are red like little sea-anemones and it's these which are pollinated (by the dangly male catkins) to produce hazelnuts.

    'turning all my empty boxes into seedling pods' YES! Love it, the enrgy of resurgence and emergence. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comments. Crowns are red and green on our maple trees. Lots of catkins under the willow trees. Would appreciate if you can include your name in the anon comment too.

      Delete
  5. Love “star-dusted as sakura” and “daisy-chain verses”.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can feel the happiness in this Spring poem
    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always create such a beautiful picture of the natural world--sun-painted words indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful imagery Grace. I love where the line took me ... the blue sky transforms my words into daisy-chain verses ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful and uplifting Grace, awonderful write.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous villanelle, Grace. It filled me with joy. Dazzling images--I, too, feel that way in early spring. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  11. above the weeping willow trees, the sky blues -
    it's season of tiny crowns & catkins & blossoms

    Spring is such a spectacle and you gave it a beautiful treatment. Great write Grace!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!