Monday, January 2, 2023

my e-calendar 2023


I fill my work calendar with big stones. I organize my activities and set my career goals for 2023.  Family's birthdays and other milestones are colored in spring green.  Also my timetable for vacations & personal days from work are marked  in bright pink.    That block of time is precious, like a gift to be carefully unwrapped, slowly after each tear.  

However for my personal life's goal, the calendar is open.   I welcome the blankness of the canvas because it means new things and challenges for me.  Though I am keen on regularly walking, hiking and reading in my down time,  I invite time to ghost me, while I ponder on my verses & mystery of the night sky. 


mud-stained sky is glum

melting ice by craggy shore-

birds glide, swelling tide 



Posted for dVerse Poets Pub - Haibun Monday, hosted by Kim Russell.   Our poetry community is back! Cheers to 2023!   



12 comments:

  1. This is exquisitely woven, Grace! I so love the notion of "blankness of the canvas," here.. exactly how a new year should be.. for us to paint it however we deem fit! 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that open calendar... I feel the same... but it also stresses me out. Love that haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your haiku painted a crisp image, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I invite time to ghost me" I LOVE THIS Such a lovely haibun, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely haiku. Those open white spaces. May they be filled with many adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo! Happy New Year. May you uncover the mysteries and write beautiful verses like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your haiku took me to our local estuary, and I really felt the open skies of your prose there. Have a good year, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard it said that one is less likely to fail at a resolution if one doesn't make one, that is if you were to make a hardfast goal for yourself it would only bring stress and other unnecessary feelings towards it. The blank canvas is an open invitation to your self and creativity and provides the space needed.
    I like the different levels of action in the lines of the haiku that combined indicate musing and change.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to read you in a haibun, Grace. The perfect sprinkling of poetic imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the last sentence! Happy New Year Grace ☺️💕

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!