Tuesday, December 12, 2023

wish list for december

 

i can sit here all day

flipping around in my tuxedo

suit until i am blue

with all of my crew


i do not need a jolly man 

with a red coat of fur & felt

to bring joy & cheers

i am fine as bundled blanket


but if you insist on gifting me

here is my wish list:

krills, squids & fishes-

and i will dance


dance with my happy feet




Credit:   Jay Ruzesky



Posted for dVerse Poets Pub - December Point of View, hosted by Melissa Lemay.

Thanks for your comments and visits.   Happy Holidays to you all!

13 comments:

  1. I love it.. and I do remember those happy feet. Penguins are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first two lines are my favorite! And I love his wishlist. I hope he gets all the fishes!❤️🐧

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't tell anyone but (emperor) penguins are my favorite bird! And this poem surely does them proud.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penguins make me smile – and so does your poem, Grace! I like the idea of the penguin flipping around in its tuxedo and its wish list makes sense – I hope it gets krills, squids & fishes for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Utterly delightful. I adore your penguin poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate the lack of need in that penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nicely done, Grace. I like your nod to the movie in the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, I love penguins, I will buy him some krill to see him dance with his happy feet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The simple life :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah yes indeed. Nice one!!!

    Much♡love

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!