Thursday, November 3, 2022

november

creeps in, a foggy morning

a blur of maple & birch

leaves are falling into heap

weaving colorful & soft bed


do you recall the burning

fires of dawn, or the time we

went bazaar shopping for cheap

clothes, munching on sugar bread


but your face is blank, warning

me that your memories are

sliding into deeper sleep-

this is something we long dread-


in overcoming mourning

you forget - life is now - leap!



           Autumn leaves                    


Posted for dVerse Poets Pub - MTB, hosted by Bjorn Rudberg.  The poetry form is a bref double form, with 3 quatrains and a couplet.  I have used the rhyme scheme of a-x-b-c for the quatrian and a-b for the couplet.  See you at 3pm EST when the pub doors open for more poetry.

17 comments:

  1. you've worked the form beautifully. I am especially smitten with the feeling and image these words bring up for me:
    "or the time we
    went bazaar shopping for cheap
    clothes, munching on sugar bread"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sigh....do not know why I'm anonymous...it's lillian here.

      Delete
  2. The combination of autumn and memory (and forgetting)--that slide in season and mind is so poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be so heartbreaking to see a loved one's memories slide. A beautiful, touching write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You use of of the form is seamless, and I like the notion that a harbinger for Fall can still emit positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The way you weave not just memories but also forgetting makes it very poignant

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Grace, well written.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great write! ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are the lines that got me.

    our memories are

    sliding into deeper sleep-

    this is something we long dread-



    in overcoming mourning

    you forget - life is now - leap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah that hits the spot this November morning as winter draws near, your lines penned so beautifully, Grace, the "now" never to be taken for granted, the sorrow of a loved one's memories slipping away. Life hitting us with its fog and its color at one and the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the metaphor in this, the foggy morning and the memories fading is masterful! 👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done. We should cherish those we love. Then we can have good memories.

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know that kind of deep sleep in my own mind. November indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our death isnt TheEnd, dear.
    I certainly know. I'm a NDEr.

    'Dream your dreams about what YOU
    want to do in Heaven; dare to ask for
    the impossible and all the gifts YOU
    have ever wanted from Me. Expect Me
    to hear YOU and fulfill your every desire'
    -Jesus •(from 'Lui et Moi' [He and I] by
    Gabrielle Bossi, trænslatêd)•

    Follow us to the Wedding Feast:
    ☆ en.gravatar.com/MatteBlk ☆

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!