Thursday, November 24, 2022

a feast (a list)

 


my nostrils filled with spicy chicken soup, my fingers warmed by buttered bread

a foggy morning, clouds on my head, dewdrops on my feet

an upbeat R&B music, soft humming of appliances in the house

a winter blue plate, oiled by spices, white painted over cracks

the hush of the room, mess of clothes & accessories, smell of soap & towels

bare garden, a pot of spring seeds, soggy splayed summer leaves

an empty page of the book, unanswered questions, hanging conversation

the silence of trees & birds, scattered fallen leaves, broken flower shrubs

slow drip of melting winter ice, fading sunlight on walls, faint sounds of laughter



Posted for dVerse Poets Pub - OpenLinkNight - Join us when the pub doors open at 3pm EST.

10 comments:

  1. I love how your list made me feel comforted with all the senses involved...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, how lovely" a stream of the ultimate consciousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My senses are sated after reading. Delicious, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JadeLi beat me to the punch; said EXACTLY what I would ave written. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Grace. You filled up my senses and it was as if I was there ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a comforting sensory list, Grace! I think we can all identify with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This gave me a sense of contentment. A wonderful multi-sensory combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So full of feeling, embodied, I felt lifted

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!