Thursday, September 3, 2026

turncoat


a soliloquy:

the edge of moon is red

teal is my skirt, blooming of spring lilies

slip-fall, skip-boomerang


where is the sky [ sky,  sky,  sky ]

running, wake up from this gripping drama  [drama,  drama ]

i am unquenched, still thirsty for the         sun            [sun]

hailstorm & morose wind, a turncoat!


dead ends, my hangers are gone

seeds, tulips

           <go back now>

i must pry these pearls from the box, hopeful yet lost


Posted for dVerse Poets Pub - Poetry Form is Descort.  Had fun experimenting with this style and format. Join us when the pub doors open at 3pm EST.   Thank you for your comments and visits.

14 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this. After the first reading, I have no clue what it's about, which elates me. When a poet leaves the story blurry and beautiful, it is an invitation for me to read it many times over and come up with endless possibilities. That is why I love abstract art and poetry so very much. Thank you. 🩷

    P.S. This makes me think of Brian and Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. This felt like a free writing but deliberately different. Yes, Brian and Claudia were great at showing this.

      Delete
  2. This is my favorite part:
    "my hangers are gone
    seeds, tulips"
    The pearls at the end make me think of my mother dying (because I still have hers). So do the hangers, maybe donated to a thrift shop once the grieving has lessened. I see great loss in this poem, but also desire --- to spin in a skirt again, and to plant seeds and watch them grow. Beautiful work, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you play with the form (which is almost an antiform to me)... so many things happening in this poem which makes it possible to read as a riddle... I played a lot with this form as well and had fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so funny - antiform is fun. Checking your poem now.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful prompt and fabulous poem, Grace! I feel I may have missed the meaning of both...but had fun trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Dead ends, my hangers are gone" I just love that for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. seeds, tulips

    i must pry these pearls from the box,
    hopeful yet lost

    Great close Grace! Yes, we hope to resolve them hopefully!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. an interesting combination of discord, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of fonts to add to the mystery of the form. The ending was unexpected a nice touch of subject twist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definite use of the form. Hints lie throughout of a theme tying it all together. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you had fun with this one! Awesome poem, Grace.

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!