Saturday, February 12, 2011

In the eyes of the child

We often forget that the child views the surroundings differently from ours.



We were walking along the trail of the creek one summer, when my 11 year old daughter got the camera and started taking pictures.   To me, the surrounding meadows look wild, unkempt, and hardly worth a second glance.
From her pictures, my daughter saw something else.   She was crouching close to the ground, delighted to see flowers growing amongst the unspoiled plane.   She particularly noticed this white delicate flower growing serenely amidst the wilderness.
Through her eyes, I saw the beauty, simplicity and serenity of Mother Earth.


There are certainly a few things we can learn from our young children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!