Tuesday, September 17, 2024

walking on air


you said, this is the end

of me

the end of the road

-done-

there i was 

discarded, flinted by rust

but i found

fire from smoke

shape from debris

purpose from destruction

now, i am reaching

for the cathedral spirals

i walk on air

framing each steel lattice into

clouds of my imagination

my hands hammer my spirit

into works of art

-undone-

the road's end is ahead

for me

each ending is yet to be born



Inspired by the work of John Pai


Posteds for dVerse Poets Pub - Tuesdays Poetics: Endings hosted by Kim Russell. I took the approach of #4, end by going back to the beginning.

Join us when the pub doors open at 3pm EST.   Thanks for your visits and comments.

12 comments:

  1. I really get a postive sense, that the end is actually a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the same feeling from your poem as Björn, Grace. I’m interested to see who else ends by going back to the beginning. I love the phrase ‘’flinted by rust’ and how it becomes ‘fire from smoke / shape from debris / purpose from destruction’, and those hands hammering the spirit into works of art. A wonderful ending ‘yet to be born’!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the image, and your choice for ending your poem. As in Buddhist rebirth, endings can be new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To walk on air is to step over endings. So well put, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the strength in your words Grace. We never end. We just rebirth and become stronger the next time around. ☺️💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done, Grace. I love your positive ending!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful words and interesting picture

    ReplyDelete
  8. The end of one part of life is always the start of another. How it goes, is what we make of it. The image is enigmatic. My first thought was lobster pot, but that doesn't fit the sentiments of the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your poem begs the question "does anything truly end" or does everything circle around much like your photo choice. - Truedessa - The ability of regeneration, I think

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grace, I love your personalized spin on Invictus, inspired by the stunning art of John Pai. Would love to get one of his pieces installed at Meijer Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. we both touch on rust - I think yours is more wistful ~

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!