Thursday, May 25, 2023

Emerald eyes of spring

 

Call me, I have emerald eyes

Watching the pink lilacs blooming

Under the glossy silver sky

Green buds are preening & swooning


Red flowerettes bloom - a marvel

Call me, I have emerald eyes

Brimming with spring steps so cheerful

Without wiles, witchweeds or guises


I scatter seeds, saplings arise

Under the bright sun's long hours

Call me, I have emerald eyes

Tying colorful wildflowers


Gathering pinecones, I pen words

Under maple tree, sweet as pie

This is where I'll be - heeding birds

Calling me with emerald eyes



Posted for dVerse Poets Pub- Poetry Form is Quatern.  Join us when the pub doors open at 3pm EST.   


13 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous depiction of spring! You make it bloom in myriad colours, Grace. Love the refrain line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic use of colour in your Quatern, Grace, and I love the ‘emerald eyes of spring’, which describes this time of year perfectly. I went for a walk this afternoon and marvelled at all the green buds ‘preening & swooning’.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love the way you describe spring... this just makes me happy inside and the image of emerald eyes repeated is perfect to depict spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The repeated line is haunting, Grace! Such a beautiful description of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful poem for spring, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last stanza is the emerald in the crown :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the ways the eyes reflect the landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful quatern ... a bit of sensuousness (love your refrain line) with nature at her very best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This could be a song! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your chosen line to use for the refrain. Emerald eyes are said to be magical just like your poem - Truedessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing Springtime with me in your quatern full of colour and blossoming.

    Muchđź’–love

    ReplyDelete
  12. As a sometime painter, I love all the colours flooding your poem...

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!